The Board of Trustees of the Hudson Area Library is seeking volunteers to work on the Program Committee.
The Hudson Area Library provides programs for children, teens, and adults for our library users from Hudson, Greenport and other local towns. The Board of Trustees wishes to expand our program offerings and seeks to engage people in our service area and beyond in the development of new programs. We recognize the wealth of skills and enthusiasms in our community and wish to tap into those who can bring new ideas and energy to the library.
New Programing Directions
Here are a few ideas that we have for new directions for programming at the library.
- Programs that engage the participants in the creation of their own new works of knowledge or creativity. The new works can utilize traditional paper-based media and/or involve the use of digital platforms like podcasts, video, or social media.
- Programs that involve participants in some parts of our local cultures and histories.
- Programs involving participants in very specific niche fields of human knowledge.
This is not intended in any way to exclude other ideas. We actively encourage potential volunteers to share their ideas and dreams. A passionate idea coupled with an energetic individual is a large portion of the recipe for success. Programming ideas may involve a single event, a series of events, or ongoing programming. They may use traditional face-to-face interactions or include in part, or whole, digital/Web-based interactions. All five senses can be in play.
Who Are We Are Seeking?
- Passionate knowledge of a subject area and/or best practices for organizing and delivering programs.
- Demonstrated experiences in their field(s) of interest.
- Ability to work with others as required by the project to assure success.
Volunteers will be selected based on their demonstrated skills and experiences and their fit with the mix of tasks and skills of others on the Program Committee. Volunteers will work with members of the Board of Trustees and Library staff. Volunteers do not need to live in Hudson, Greenport or Stockport to participate. They should be prepared to attend meetings at the library as required.
Please contact Mark Orton, President of the Board of Trustees, at email@example.com. Include a current resume and a statement of the kinds of work you would like to be involved in.