Part Time Temporary Archivist Position
We are looking for an archivist to add materials to the library’s History Room archival collections, archive our postcard collection, and begin the process of archiving our oral history and photograph collections. This is a part-time, temporary position, requiring archival skills including specific training and experience building visual and audio collections. The position is for 10 hrs./wk. for 6 weeks with possible further work as funding is available. The schedule is flexible and the job will begin June 2018.
The archivist will:
· Archive materials into existing collections.
· Note any materials that need intervention to be preserved according to archival standards.
· Update partial finding aids and container lists.
· Report on progress to History Room staff and volunteers.
· Create a new collection from historic Hudson postcards.
· Supervise scanning of postcards
· Begin process of archiving photo and oral history collections.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Archives/Records Administration.
· Experience managing an archive.
· Experience in archiving visual and audio resources.
· Proficiency in computer software and services, such as email, scanning documents to a computer, and operating Sierra circulation software.
· Understanding of current archives management standards.
· Knowledge of collection development principles for management of local history and archives.
· Ability to catalog books, maps, photographs, and other materials using circulation software.
Please send a letter of interest and resume with references to Brenda Shufelt, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25.