The last cookbook sale of the season at the Hudson Farmers Market will be on Saturday, September 6, from 9:30-1pm. Included in this sale are cookbooks celebrating the bounties of the season—everything from apples to zucchini! With hundreds of cookbooks on a wide range of topics, you’ll be sure to find a book (or two!) with recipes and ideas to whet your appetite. So come browse the selection of new, used and vintage cookbooks on Saturday and start cooking!
Back by popular demand— the Friends of the Hudson Area Library Cook Book Sale is coming to the Hudson Farmer’s Market on Saturday, August 9th from 9:30 til 1pm.
Whether you’re looking to expand your kitchen’s library, improve your skills, or just try out some new recipes with great fresh ingredients, this special sale will offer an eclectic collection of vintage, new, and used cook books in many categories. Included will be titles for gourmet, quick meals and menus, summer barbecues and grilling, entertaining and ethnic cuisines. There will be hundreds of titles and food groups to choose from, including appetizers, salads, meats, seafood, vegetables, desserts and more! All books will be offered at very low discount prices for this mouth-watering sale.
Did you know that cookbooks are the most frequently checked out adult non-fiction books at the Hudson Area Library? The number of requests for cookbooks continues to increase each year. In response to our library members’ increased demand for cookbooks, we have recently added several new titles to the collection.
Here are the most recent additions to the Hudson Area Library’s cookbook collection:
- Afro-Vegan: Farm-Fresh African, Caribbean & Southern Flavors Remixed / Bryant Terry
- Simple Thai Food: Classic Recipes from the Thai Home Kitchen / Leela Punyaratabandhu
- Alimentary Cafe / Nicole LoBue and the kids of Kite’s Nest
- The Paleo Primer: a Jump-Start Guide to Losing Body Fat and Living Primally! / Keris Marsden and Matt Whitmore
- A Simple Feast: a Year of Stories and Recipes to Savor and Share / Diana Yen
- Extra Virgin: Recipes and Love from our Tuscan Kitchen / Gabriele Corcos and Debi Mazar
- The Real Food Cookbook: Traditional Dishes for Modern Cooks / Nina Planck
- Vibrant Food: Celebrating the Ingredients, Recipes, and Colors of Each Season / Kimberley Hasselbrink
- Pickles, Pigs & Whiskey: Recipes from my Three Favorite Food Groups (and then some) / John Currence
- A Change of Appetite: Where Healthy Meets Delicious / Diana Henry
Thanks to the individual, foundation, and publisher support for making these additions to the collection possible!
Are you a foodie? Love to cook and entertain with all the bounty that the Hudson Valley offers? Wait no more– the Friends of the Hudson Area Library is celebrating spring with one of the best and biggest book sales of the year–Cookbooks!
Whether you’re looking to expand your kitchen’s library, improve your skills, or just try out some new recipes, this Colossal Cookbook Sale is THE place to get started this spring.
The Friends will offer hundreds of cookbooks for sale on Friday April 4th from 1 to 4pm and Saturday, April 5th from 10 to 2pm in the Book Sale Room at the Hudson Area Library, 400 State Street, Hudson.
Under the Book Tent Saturday, July 20, the Friends will be offering a great selection of sizzling summer cookbooks at the Hudson Farmers Market from 10am-1pm. Come browse the hundreds of great titles and recipes–everything from appetizers to grilling to entertaining. New, used and vintage books, all offered at great prices. The Farmer’s Market is located at 6th and Columbia Street in Hudson. Hope to see you there!