As part of the Great Give Back this fall, libraries all over New York State will be connecting patrons with opportunities to help their neighbors through donation drives, environmental clean-up events, and other community service projects.
This year, the Columbia County Libraries Association is partnering with Our Community Cares Columbia County to collect and distribute clothing, supplies, and cards to help support cancer patients from September 15 to October 16.
Items collected will be donated to Our Community Cares, who will distribute them in Comfort Bags for hospitals in our community.
If you’d like to help, please drop off any of the items in the Comfort Bag Wish List below at any Columbia County library from September 15 to October 16 during regular library hours.
Comfort Bag Wish List
- Lap Blankets
- Hats, Fuzzy Socks, Mittens, Gloves
- Crayons/Colored Pencils, Adult Coloring Books, Pens
- Unscented Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Drinking Cups with Straws
- Travel-size Tissues
- Inspirational items such as cards, books, magnets, and memo pads
- Puzzle Books, Playing Cards, Crossword Books, Journals
- Emery Boards
- Chewing Gum