We are looking for a Technology Help Provider for our new One-on-One Technology Help program. This is a part time position that does not have set hours, as the program is by appointment. This position will be done virtually in the fall and may move to in-person sessions at the library, depending upon health and safety guidelines. The position is for 5 – 7 hrs./wk., at $25/hr., and will run from September 2020 – April 2021.
The goal of the Hudson Area Library’s Technology Help program is to provide the public with individualized support for their technology needs while developing their independence to address those needs in order to attain more confidence and competence as learners and users of technology such as computers, mobile devices, and online resources.
- Communicate with respondents to set up appointments for providing technology help.
- Diagnose technology problems remotely (later on may be in person) through patrons’ accounting of technology needs.
- Troubleshoot specific technology challenges.Give detailed instructions to address patrons’ technology needs.
- Organize accounting of hours and number of patrons utilizing the program and reporting data to the Program Director.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Familiarity with PC and Mac platforms as well as a variety of mobile devices.
- Ability to communicate with individuals especially on detailed technology instructions for patrons with varying levels of tech literacy.
- Ability to be proactive and independent in work-related tasks.
- Familiarity with online library resources such as hoopla, OverDrive, and Kanopy, as well as the library’s online catalog preferred.
Please send a letter of interest and resume with references to Brenda Shufelt, Program Director at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until September 5, 2020
Anticipated start date: September 8, 2020.