All reference materials are available free with a Mid-Hudson Library System library card.
HOMEACCESS provides you with links to unique resources that you cannot access through a typical internet search.
- e-books, audiobooks, streaming video – access the digital collection of e-books, audiobooks, and video through OverDrive and TumbleBooks. In addition, access streaming video via kanopy and access e-books, audiobooks, television shows, movies, e-comics, and music via hoopla.
- Online Classes – access over 500 continuing education courses through Universal Class
- Magazines – access the digital collection of over 1,000 magazines
- Newspapers – access news and newspapers, including historical newspapers
- Language Learning – access lessons in over 45 foreign languages and English as a Second Language courses through Mango Languages.
- Job & Career Help – access helpful resources on topics such as creating a resume, searching for a job, career planning, preparing for an interview, studying for exams, and more
- Business Resources – access topical business information and company and industry reports on thousands of global companies
- History and Genealogy – access historical materials from New York State’s Hudson River Valley, links to genealogy resources, and information on local history, New York State History, United States History and World History.
- Health Information – access periodicals and articles on various health-related topics, psychology, and the nursing profession
- Homework Help – access reference materials and test prep designed for elementary school, middle school, and high schoolers.
HealthCare.gov is the primary tool for Americans to research general information about their healthcare options.
MedlinePlus offers health information from the U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.