We’ll have an Outreach Specialist from the Office of the Taxpayer Rights Advocate, New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, at the library on the following dates to assist eligible individuals with preparing their State and Federal Tax returns. Eligible individuals must have an income under $62,000. For more information on FSA tax assistance requirements and process please check https://www.tax.ny.gov/fsa/.
Thursday 2/18, 3/17, 4/14- 9am-12pm
Friday 2/19, 3/18, 4/15- 1pm-6pm
To ensure a successful FSA session, you must bring the following:
- a copy of your federal and state tax return tax return from last year (if filed)
- a picture ID (such as a driver’s license, a passport, or, if you live in NYC, an IDNYC)
- an affordable healthcare statement (Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B, or Form 1095-C)
- a health insurance exemption certificate (if received)
- information related to any credits you are claiming
- your bank account and routing numbers (so we may directly deposit your refund)
- proof of your income (Forms W-2, 1098, 1099, any other documents showing additional income)
Contact the library at 518-828-1792 to schedule an appointment.