Picture a thriving library for yourself and your community
2021 was a year of continued challenges and uncertainty, yet with the generous support of donors like you, we expanded opportunities for our community to connect, create, learn, and grow in creative new ways. Library patrons (including 350 new cardholders) borrowed over 36,000 resources, logged more than 22,000 sessions on our public computers and Wi-Fi, and enjoyed over 500 library programs with more than 5,000 total participants. The Hudson Area Library is a critical community institution and we need your support in order to sustain and grow our programs, resources and services in the new year.
Help us kick off 2022 from a position of strength and make a statement about the value of free and accessible opportunities for lifelong learning, community growth and connection by making a tax-deductible donation to our Library today.
• Virtual and in-person programs for all ages on topics such as digital media production, local history, gardening and foraging, early literacy, housing, movement and music, health and wellness, science and nature, and visual and literary arts
• Creative take-home activities including early literacy bags, nature explorer backpacks, and adult memory kits
• Physical and digital resources from our library, including special collections focused on community resilience, memory loss, and substance abuse recovery, plus over 1.7 million books, movies, music, and other materials through the Mid-Hudson Library System
• Welcoming and safe spaces for community meetings, one-on-one tutoring, individual work and study, family time and social gatherings
• Local history research support and History Room special collections, including city directories, yearbooks, photos, periodicals, and oral histories
• Language learning through English as a Second Language tutoring and classes, multiple levels of adult Spanish classes, bilingual storytimes for children and families, and the Mango language learning app and website
• Virtual and in-person one-on-one technology and job search support
• And so much more!
All library programs, resources and services are FREE to everyone in our Hudson, Greenport and Stockport community. But, alas, they are not free to the Library. Only 47% of our annual budget comes from City, County and State funds. We receive about 17% through grants, and the remaining 36% comes from generous donors like YOU! Due to the pandemic, we have not been able to host a major fundraiser in two years, so the funds raised through our Annual Appeal are more important than ever. Please give as generously as you can and help our Library continue to provide free access to these invaluable resources, programs, and services in 2022.
Donate By Credit/Debit Card
Make a donation by credit card online via PayPal.
Donate By Check
Make a donation by check and give it to a library staff person or send it by mail to us at 51 N. 5th ST, Hudson, NY. Make the check out to “Hudson Area Library”.
Thank you for your support!
The Hudson Area Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization and your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.