All library patron accounts expire after some period of time (30 days – 3 years depending on patron type). If your card expires, you will need to renew it in order to continue borrowing materials and accessing online library resources.
To renew your account, you will need to provide us with your current residential, mailing, and contact information. You can do this in a number of ways:
- Visit our library, or your home library, with your library card or valid photo ID.
- Call us at 518-828-1792 x100 with your library card number handy (for Hudson Area Library cardholders only).
- Complete our Library Card Renewal Form (for Hudson Area Library cardholders only)
Special Note for Online-Generated Accounts
If you registered for a library account online and have not yet verified your information with a librarian, your online account will expire after thirty days. To verify your account, please provide us with a copy of your photo ID, and proof of mailing and residential address if your photo ID is not up to date.
You can submit these items by sending a copy through one of the following methods:
- post mail or in person at the library: Hudson Area Library, 51 N. 5th St, Hudson, NY 12534 attn: card registration
- email: email@example.com subject: card registration
Note: we will shred documents sent by mail and delete emails once we verify your information, in order to protect your privacy, so please only send copies.